Monday, May 31, 2010

DG Tournament update (1)

I just updated the DG Tournament application with a new look. The colors are a bit fresher now.
What do you think? Better? Worse?

I'm reviewing the app and making changes along the line to make it more ready for APEX 4.0.
If I had to redo this site in APEX 4 I would change a lot of things, just like I had to do when I switched from 2 to 3. It's amazing what you had to do before and now (or soon) everything is declarative. E.g. I had my own package for showing a shuttle! That is native from 3.x... I also made use of the APEXLib framework to show more userfriendly errors and have enhanced tabular forms.
A lot of these things changed over time. It was a long time ago I looked at the site, but it's kinda fun to review your own app again. At my presentation at ODTUG this year about my experiences going from APEX 3.x to 4.0 I might even use this site as an example for the demos.

I've some more changes to come in an updated version of DG Tournament, but here is already the new look of the site ...


I would like to thank my lovely wife for creating a new banner (top image) for me.

No comments: